Stabilo-BOS your nails: Neon tricolour manicure
Neon colours are trendy this year. If you don’t feel comfortable wearing them on a shirt or on accessories, why not try a neon mani?
Today’s motto: the messier, the better (but do not abuse though ;-). Perfect for those of you like me who struggle to paint their weak hand.
- Base coat nail polish : ESSIE – Rock Solid
- White nail polish : L’ORÉAL – Holographic Shine – 802
- Neon nail polishes : RAPHAEL COSMETIC CONSULTING – FASHION MAKE-UP – Neon Yellow, Orange and Pink
- Black nail art pen : CLAIRE’S – Two way nail art pen and brush in Black
- Instant dry drops : ESSENCE – Nail Art Express Dry Drops
- Top coat nail polish : ESSIE – Rock Solid
Step by step:
- As usual, begin with a base coat and wait until it is dry.
- Apply a thin coat of a white nail polish. You don’t need either to be precise nor to apply an even coat. The white polish serves as a base to enhance the brightness of the neon polishes. As I didn’t have a plain white polish on hand, I used a shimmery one.
- To apply the neon varnishes combo, use a sponge. Assess the length of your nails to visualize the sponge portion which needs to be coloured. With the nail polish brush, put a generous coat of each shade on the sponge.
- Hold the sponge with tweezers to prevent staining your fingers. Dab the sponge once or twice on a paper sheet to get rid of the excess product. Correct the sponge coloured area if needed.
- Gently apply the soaked sponge onto your nails by either pressing it or making a rolling motion from one side of the nail to the other.
- As chances to mess up are very low during the next steps, you can already clean your skin with a cotton swab dipped in nail polish remover and pour some instant dry drops. Rinse your fingers with cold water after 5 minutes and wait until the neon nail polish is completely dry.
- With the black nail art pen, start drawing randomly as on the example (see picture above). Paint the lines wider apart if you want a more obvious see-through effect. Decorate either only your ring finger or the whole hand. Remember “the messier, the better” so don’t worry if the design varies between nails, it’s done on purpose!
- Clean up any imperfection. Wait until dry, top coat and tadaa! Stained glass neon nails! Pair this manicure with a bright shirt or a white outfit and you are ready to go.
Don’t you hear today’s manicure screaming “Try me! Try me!”?