Stir it with a Stick!
When the summer heat caresses my skin, my taste buds always demand fresh and delicious food. What about yours?
Today I’ll share with you the recipe for an unpretentious banana drink which brightens my lazy afternoons.
Set your chronometers, only 3 minutes are required for its elaboration.
Ingredients for one glass:
- 1 ripe banana: I love them ripe. Nearly too done. Feel free to use a newer banana.
- 2 decilitres of milk (1 cup): A bit less than 2 dl actually. See the instructions below.
- 0.5 decilitres of whole cream (1/4 cup)
- Sweetened cocoa powder: Unlimited. I usually go for about 2 tablespoons.
- You can either use a hand blender or an electric mixer which comes with a bowl.
- This recipe is particularly quickly achieved if you use only a measuring cup: you will just have to pour the liquids directly from the bottle to the cup (less washing-up, yay !) and use the existent graduation to make sure you get the right amount of each ingredient.
- In your mixing container, put the banana cut in half.
- Aim at the limit of 2 dl and pour milk until you reach this mark.
- Same step with the cream. This time, aim at 2.5 dl.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add as much cocoa powder as you like. I like to mix it gently with a straw but if your blender is still on, why not using it? You can add the cocoa either before or after pouring the mixture in the glass. You don’t have to use a glass: you can also taste the drink directly from the container. Aah, sin of gluttony when you hold us!
If your naughty side is growling, don’t hesitate to add a splash of old and full-flavoured rhum.
Enough talking. Relax and enjoy the drink!